Thursday, October 02, 2008

Book Project


I've been working on a project to possibly be in a book! The theme is "Beading with a Message" so my little story was going to be about how my nanna inspired me to craft and make things. She was always starting new projects before finishing current ones and I have inherited that same crafting trait. I finish a lot of projects but have so many more that are half-finished. We both just got so excited about the planning and starting process that we just couldn't help ourselves! Anyway, this necklace features a locket containing a beautiful shot of Nanna when she was probably even younger than I am now. The choker is a combination of Dupioni silk ribbon, book binding tape, and vintage lingerie ribbon sewn together. It's all topped off with some Swarovski crystal. I still need to add some text to the project but I have not decided what it should say yet. It will most likely be placed on the interior rim of the locket. I'll keep you posted on the status of the project and of the book!

1 comment:

alicia said...

i really like it! gorgeous.